Flo Rida - Only One Flo (Part One) - AVAILABLE NOW

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul
B.o.B Adventures of Bobby Ray Album Banner 728x90
Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In The Boardroom: Mr. Mig

Photobucket

This isn't underground. This guy has worked with the best of them. Usher, Beyonce, Diddy, Wyclef, Britney Spears, John Legend, and many more. He has gold and platinum plaques on the wall for working with them and major record labels demands his services. Some of you may have never heard of him. Some of you heard of him very well. Today I'll let him explain his footnote in the music industry. Warrior DJ Capo GiGi Capone help set this interview up as I go one on one with: Mr. Mig.

P.S. Major Studio sessions. Pay attention:

To the people that don't know you, introduce yourself to the world and where you represent.

My name is Steve Migliore aka Mr. Mig. SInce 1998 I've been producing, remixing, writing, etc. professionally in the music business. I represent the world of music...lol.

Explain everything you do. You are not just a producer, right?

I produce , write songs,sing, remix, engineer, arrange,teach production, etc..pretty much everything.

What does it takes to be a great remixer?

I feel it's important to retain the song's integrity and give it a whole new life so that the record can impact a separate market than what it was originally intended for.

Your first #1 record was LeAnn Rimes' How Do I Live remix. It went 3x PLATINUM. How did it feel to make that accomplishment? And the feeling of every major artist coming to you to make an official remix?

It was a surreal experience..I worked very hard to get a record like that and when it finally popped it was a relief to know I was starting to get somewhere and that people were recognizing me as a professional. It ended up hitting #1 on the dance and singles sales charts in Billboard..I left a copy open on my dining room table for a week to see my name when I walked by..It was a crazy time..very exciting.

I see in your bio you use the Torq software to do your mixxes. (Same here I use Torq for DJin) Explain what Torq can do? If it's better than Serato, try to convince the Serato users. Lol

Honestly..I've done a liitle djing Torq and Xponent..I dont use Serato but I have friends who do and they are blown away when they see what Torq and Xponent can do.

What other equipment do you use?

My setups vary in the different rooms at the studio but I typically use a Mac Pro, Logic, Pro Tools,Ableton and lots of software goodies..I also have a bunch of MPC's and keyboards that I run through a Mackie Digital console.

State your resume: Your remixxes, the artists you work with, etc.

That would be pretty hard to do...it has become a pretty long list but some notable artists include Usher, Ciara, Jason Derulo, Beyonce, Diddy, Britney, and many more..

Your opinion on a remix with the same beat but just more features.

I have done a bunch of mixes where I keep the original production and then just add to the arrangement , change the tempo and fill it out and make it a little more interesting.

Photobucket

(Mr. Mig in the club remixing Michelle Williams "Break the Dawn" record)

Explain your style in music. What sound makes it easy to recognize you?

I really don't a have a completely recognizable style. I'm involved with everything from mainstream to club and R&B projects. One thing I try to keep consistent is a "pop" feel. I aim for my mixes and productions to have mass appeal. I use hooky parts and recognizable chord structures and blend rock with pop and urban.


How can producers/DJs get royalties off a remix?

There was a time when remixers took points on projects. That went away for awhile but recently I've been remixing records for publishing and points when there isn't a budget available. People seem to be willing to go outside of the box lately to make all kinds of deals.

Now you are about to launch AudioMaxx Studios , a brand new state of the art recording facility in Cherry Hill, NJ, just minutes from my home in Philadelphia. Tell me more about this. I seen the pictures and they are phenomenal!

Thanks...Yes AudioMaxx actually launched in April and it has been doing very well. We are a one stop shop and provide every service from songwriting, production to music video production, worldwide music distribution through Who?Mag Distribution and much more. Also, I believe our facility has the areas largest cycle wall/green screen.

What does AudioMaxx provide that sets apart from other studios?

First off,We are like a family Audiomaxx is run by Diana Delgado who was once a VP in corporate America and she handles all of the business.She's very detailed and runs a tight ship. There's nobody who can pull people, projects,and ideas together better than her in my opinion. She's the hub of the studio. Also, Between me and my production partner DJ Mike RIzzo we have over 400 major and indie label credits so when you come to us you're getting years of combined experience. Rizzo is a Global DJ and great producer as well. We recently combined forces and started Global Groove Productions. We also have an in-house team of some very talented and experienced producers. We offer all of the services necessary to launch your single or album project.Also, We have Who?Mag TV/Distribution which is independently owned and operated by Rob Schwartz.

Photobucket

(Audiomaxx Studios in Cherry Hill, NJ, not far from Philadelphia)

Do you prefer working with an established artist in the industry or a fresh up-and-coming talent. And why?

Either actually. I look for exceptional talent. Labels do the preliminary work and then hire people like myself which is nice because it pays the bills but it's out of my hands after my work is done. It's also nice when you discover the artist and are able to guide them and help them reach their goals.

The one thing you think about before you lay the first drum set to a beat:

Not much thought other than making sure what I do is commercially appealing. I might think about some of the current hits on the radio.

What are your future goals?

I would like to see Audiomaxx as a name in the studio business like Hit Factory, Sigma, The Plant, etc..I'm always trying to up my game as a producer, remixer and writer.Ultimately if I'm still working in this business in 20 years that would be awesome.

Contact info: gigicaponePR@gmail.com

Photobucket

(One of his many Gold and Platinum accomplishments)


More info on Mr. Mig: mrmigmusic.com

http://audiomaxxstudios.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment