Flo Rida - Only One Flo (Part One) - AVAILABLE NOW

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul
B.o.B Adventures of Bobby Ray Album Banner 728x90
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

STATE YOUR NAME CANNON: Shay Star

Photobucket

If you have been paying attention to who is on the come-up in the R&B scene, you should know who this person is. Soulful, yet sassy, this lady from the Delaware Valley knows how to amp up every note that she sings. If you are hiding any feelings bottled in your chest, she can definitely bring it out. Her hustle also deserves a high grade. Trey Songz was not the only one pushing R&B mixtapes to get his shine on. Even if she had to pass them out, give them away, or ask u to pay, her voice would still stay in your stereo!! That drive and determination landed her chances to open up for yes, Trey Songz as well as Cassidy, DJ Kid Capri, Maino, Lloyd, Dougie Fresh and DJ Touchtone. She also looks very lovely as she will be featured in "Thick Thursdays" as a model on thisis50.com . All around hustla for sure. 302 this is for you. Meet: *Shay Star*

1. State your name Cannon

- I am Shay Star....the next R&B Diva!!! :) aka "Dat R&B Chick"

2. Where you represent?

- 1st State Representing all day!!! 302 STAND UP!!!!! >Delaware to all the people lost in the sauce!! :)

3.You started singing before you were nine, from a musically inclined family. Talk about their musical background and how it passed on to you.

- Well I grew up in church, so need I say more??!! My uncles, cousins, bother, sister and many alike all have some type of musical ability whether its' through an instrument, singing, song writing, all the way down to producing! So music has always been around...there was no way it could have missed me!

4. Describe the sound of Shay Star. What will my readers expect?

- The sound of Shay Star.....Well I hear that I have an old soul and a very powerful voice, so I guess I could say soulful but sassy....Lol....It's very unique! I love it because I do not sound like anyone else! I do not like to limit myself to one genre but I try to keep it R&B....I am definitely open to trying anything though!

5. Talk about your mixtape success going back to 2005. History in the Making did 5000 and you've done 5 mixtapes and been on many more.

-Man the love that I have gotten just from the mixtape grind is crazy! Like you said, I been doing this mixtape thing since 05, and I will NOT stop. I've just been going state to state with a box of cds and either giving them away or selling them...either way I just want the people to listen, and so far they hear me! I have also hosted various mixtapes for various Djs. The response that I have gotten from people has been phenomenal! It is completely over whelming! But I honestly just appreciate the fact that people who do not know me from a can of paint take the time to listen. I mean, Certified Super Star Vol. 3 got over 32,000 listens and downloads on the net in less than a month...I don't even know that many people! So its things like that that keep me trucking!

6. Your opinion on the state of R&B as of today.

- I honestly don't listen to alot of the stuff that is out now. I am so embedded in the past it is crazy! I still listen to Sade' "is it a crime" and The Isleys "footsteps in the dark" ha ha! that's where my head is at! I like that old school, make you feel good music.. So unless it's something like that I don't really care for it.

7. What makes a great collabo? You have several, collabing with Freeway, Chopper, Prophy, Young Money Dre and Lil Flip.

- A good collabo in my opinion is chemistry. No matter male or female, in order to work with someone productively, you have to be feeling the vibe of the other artist...If you have doubts about it, I wouldn't do it because you are not going to put your all into it. Work ethic has to be established and recognized before the idea is even presented. And I feel as though if ya'll wires cross and ya'll can concoct some fire....then by all means, please PROCEED! :)

8. You have opened up for a lot of the top artists in the game like Funk Master Flex, Trey Songs, Cassidy, DJ Kid Capri, Maino, Lloyd, Dougie Fresh and DJ Touchtone. That says a lot. How do you take on shows like this, even knowing some of the audience didn't primarily come to see you?

- Truthfully, I just be thankful for the exposure! And for the people who put on the shows, to even consider me as an opening act or to place me at the same venue with these people is really a blessing. I absolutely love it! And i feel as though we ALL had to start somewhere, so why not start with the best!! Lol, and trust, the people might not have primarily came to see me, but they will know who I am before it's all over!

Photobucket

9. How is music therapeutic to you?

- OMG! Music is my sanctuary! Really, people may think it's weird, oh well!! Call me crazy, say what u feel, but wow, when I hear some music, I mean some really really good music, boi!! That's all I can say! No matter what mood I am in, whether it's happy, sad, excited, at ease, depressed, or whatever, just the sounds of good quality music just fill my heart with some type of permanent peace....Music takes me to a whole other time and place and I wish that I could reside there, but then REALITY sets in! Lol but I love it when the music becomes my reality. You have to listen to the words and just feel the essence and bliss that comes with it...Ahhhhh it is soooooo relaxing!!!

10. Tell me your methods of networking. Even though this is the first (and not the last) time we doing business together, I've been hearing your name ALL OVER my twitter line lol.

- When it comes to networking, I'm just me. Lol I don't know how to be anything else but that. I'm just a genuine person. And I let my hard work and dedication speak for itself. I deal with people with just that, like they are people! I mean some folks get all caught up in the hype of a name, I just meet and greet them with kindness and sincerity, eager to work, but always pleasant. And truthfully, that has been my gift. I use twitter as a way to express my inter most thoughts and emotions, Myspace as a bulletin board or the visual of the events and things I am involved in, facebook to build awareness, youtube as the hard core evidence that yeah.. it really goes down....and word of mouth just to get the peoples attention!! Lol, so we'll see how far these take me!

11. Tell me more about your next project coming up and when will it come out.

- The next project that I have coming out will be a new mixtape series (by me) entitled "Heartz, Starz, & Muzic Notez" The first to come of course will be Vol. 1 Hosted by Dj Whitey....It is finished and just patiently awaiting the proper release date! lol we just dropped "certified super star vol. 3" with Dj DP in February 2010, so I'ma let that rock out a little while longer!

12. You have also tapped into modeling and acting to get in the game in more ways than one. Tell me your success in those avenues.

- Well the modeling thing kinda just came and fell into my lap...As an artist I have to keep current photos on deck, so I'm always at a photo shoot, and well I started to get a little creative and hey, it just kind of went from there! I will be featured on thisis50.com VERY SOON!!! So look out for that!

13. You are a very beautiful woman as I see the pictures. So it's not far from the possibility that your modeling career could take off to high levels. What would you do if there was a time when your modeling is getting better results than your music career?

- I don't chase nothing but a check, so I'm naturally going to run to the money! lol, I got bills and a baby, so momma gotta make sure we eat! I don't limit myself to anything, so I'm down for whatever!

Photobucket

14. What goes through your mind as you write your songs?

- I write everything from experience, if I've felt it, I write it, if I see it, I write it, if I do it, I write it. Its just that simple. I have a hard time telling people or expressing my feelings through mouthed words, but gimme a pen and some paper and I'ma go in! Lol, I really would rather write it than say it...

15. Once on twitter you talked about how money motivates you. How important it is to be an independent woman these days? You have no manager, no team and you still shining...

- Well to me being independent is not even an option. I am a woman first, a mother second, and a star last. So in order for me to be what you all see before you, it takes a strong, hard working, independent woman to possess the strength and the ability to endure all of the crap I have to deal with on a day to day basis. And I strive very hard to be all that I can, never waiting for a handout or looking for sympathy.. I am what I am and I am who He's made me. I was built to last and I will continue to do what's best for me, and stay true to myself.

16. What are the ultimate goals for Shay Star?

- Goals, hmmmmm.......well first and foremost, I have to be a good mother for my son. So anything, and I mean anything that I need to do to ensure that he is good, that is what I HAVE to do, there is no hoping or any dreaming in that, that just is...A must...but as for me personally, I just wanna be comfortable, and peaceful, no debt, no mile high troubles...I just like things to be simple, so as long as things keep sailing smoothly, I will not complain nor become greedy. What God has for me will be for me...So I'm cool with just working hard and pursuing any and everything that comes my way.

17. What is the one quote you live by?

-I'm just happy to be here ya know!!! Where there's doubt, there's failure.......You gotta go hard or go home...and I ain't ready to go just yet!!

18. Contact info:

I'm all over the net so here it goes!!

www.Twitter.com/iamShayStar

www.Facebook.com/iamShayStar

www.YouTube.com/iamShayStar

www.myspace.com/godsgyft21

www.Datpiff.com or www.thatcrack.com and just search "Shay" for free mixtapes and music

or just simply: GOOGLE ME!!!! :)

For Bookings, Features, Hostings or just whatever!! Hit up my Publicist:

Chanell Bell: Pr.Ancor@gmail.com

(Serious inquires ONLY) She will get right back with you!


19. Any shout outs?

Shout out to my family, my friends, my riders!! You know who you are! Ya'll so real there's no need to say names! But to my posse! Chanell Bell of Ancor&CO (my publicist) E of NYCConnexion (my consultant/wardrobe), State City Studios, CRAVE Productions, 302 Productions (recording and engineers) Drum Majors ATL, ETunez, Young Starr Productions, MdotMusic, T3K, and the rest of the wonderful producers who have helped to make my tapes a hit!! All the artist and writers who helped pave the way, A notorious shout out to my dancers Alexis and Marquette... I have no idea where I would be without them, shout out to the Swat Team Djs and the whole Jahyummy crew for embracing me! I love you all! Shout out to Felix Natal Jr. (my photographer) for seeing in me something other than just some "eye candy" but a young woman who has the drive and the potential to really make it! Sending love to all of the bloggers and online radio shows had me a show or played my music! xoxoxoxo to all of u!! Madd love to all the followers who RT my stuff and give me crazy love on the timeline! I see u all and I appreciate it all, I really do. And big ups to anyone doubting the kid, lol ya'll just give me the moto to keep grinding baby!!! I love it. I love it ,I love it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Check out her track that's getting major play, "Amazing" (Produced by DrumMajorsATL)


4 comments:

  1. i love shay and her music i want her to achieve every dream she wants she deserve all the gud things in the universe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's good shay.

    Love the single.

    http://www.myspace.com/lou_writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful voice..god bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this song is not terrible but its not great either. im pretty sure you will do much better.

    ReplyDelete