Flo Rida - Only One Flo (Part One) - AVAILABLE NOW

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul
B.o.B Adventures of Bobby Ray Album Banner 728x90
Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

In The Boardroom: Ice (A.I.)

Photobucket

In this issue of "In The Boardroom" I decided to take it to the south. Everyone knows Miami has their own Rico Suave/2 live crew freak nasty sound. That sound became a premier sound in the game. Call it how you want but try to name one artist that steered clear from the whole sound altogether, not even one track. You can't. And the good thing about the game is that newcomers are up to play.
I decide to interview this beatman because I see a lot of potential in him but not a lot of promo. As you know I'm the person to bring out new faces first. Just like the past producers he has a distinct sound with a desire to evolve into a frontrunner. So today's "In The Boardroom" I present to you a contradiction to the 305's weather: Ice(or you can call him A.I.)



Introduce yourself to the world homie:


What up world, this ya boy producer "A.I", always known as "Ice".

You are another boardman from the 305 with great sound. Talk about the sound of Miami and how far it has come in the hip hop game.


I definitely appreciate the love from everyone who is supporting me. As far as the sound of Miami, its incredible and shouldn't expect nothing but bigger and better things from the MIA. I think the sound of the south and particularly Miami has come a long way. I feel a good example is Rick Ross. Ross makes music for the streets but he also makes that "good music" to sell albums. I believe we all as artist and producers from Miami is raising the bar and pushing each other to be the best.

What made you want to become a producer and how long have you been laying down the snares and 808s?

I became a producer because I felt that it was something that came natural to me. I personally feel that I came a long way. The beats I made in 02 which is when I started is no where near to who I am now. I also believe as well as a few others that can cosign, is that every month or every year, they have seen some major improvement and sicker beats you know.


Who influenced you in hip hop?


I believe its pretty common to use a pro's as an example which would be Kanye West, Timbaland and Swizz Beats and ect. To be honest, I would have to give all the credit to Quest. When I was young my mother would keep me from listening to a lot of hip hop and mostly rap music.. I never heard about the beef between Jay-z and Nas until I was in high school. When I was in 12th grade I took Quest Ipod and I got exposed to all the classic hip hop that I needed to hear to figure what it was all about. Also working with

Quest in the studio got me caught up to speed lol.


What you think caused the difference with the sound of rap in the 90s and now?


I figure at the end of the day its about making money. Whatever is making the money is whats going to sell and be sold in stores. Its about making the people move and satisfying the needs of our listeners. Sometimes certain artist set trends and set standards and we as artist or producers have to fit those needs. I think the most important thing is that we all be ourselves and make the best of our opportunity.

Photobucket



What is your resume looking like? (The artists you have worked with)


I mostly worked with Quest. I did a record with Smitty "Where dey at" but it really didn't get pushed out. Well for some those who are fans, its probably a shame I haven't worked with many people. I guess that's the reason for doing this interview.

Currently you are working with underground artist Quest (i spin him on radio a lot recently) What about him has drawn yourself to his style?


That is a good question. Basically Quest and I we have been on the same page since day 1. For whatever reason what I produce is what he likes to rap on. What most people don't know is that me and Quest went to the same high school. We've been working together since. I came in the school studio one day and brought some instrumentals.Quest digged into the composition book and did a song in 20 minutes. We both developed our skills working together and that's why we are at where we are today.

You are also working with Breeze from 24HourHipHop. When that mixtape coming out?

I have no idea to keep it real. I just know I have a few bangers on there and i hope everyone enjoys it.


What makes a perfect blend of an artist and a producer? example would be Drake and 40/Boi-1da


I believe you have me stuck I can't answer that question (just kidding). I feel like you gotta have a similar personality and taste in music.

Talk about your style of beats:


To keep it simple, I am pretty balanced. I am open to all music and whatever comes to mind I will do. I mostly make rap music and soulful singers can do the hooks.


What you working with in the studio? like the board, drum machine, etc?


That's another interesting question. I basically have a midi keyboard with a sound module Roland 2080. I record my samples that I play into cubase and export it.I use Magix Music Maker which I cut, copy and paste my drums. Then placed the samples I played into the same Magix arrangement. That's how I started and I am raised to make beats that way.


What are your future projects about? One of them is Quest's album "The Reason"


Yes sir, Quest "The Reason" is the first album that I am working on. There is going to be a lot of familiar sounds you may heard before and then some new sounds but its definitely refreshing. I basically reference from some of the biggest producers but I put my twist to it to make it A.I production.

How important is maintain good working relationships?


I feel that in this world its about who you know and not what you know or what you can do. A lot of people may have connects but because of the way they may conduct themselves, they can really throw a lot of opportunity. I feel most people take criticism about their music to heart and give off a negative response to others which I don't. I personally would rather work with people that have good character and some talent vs all the talent in the world and don't want to be around them. I feel that I am the type of person that you can take to your house and the money you have on the table won't come up missing lol.

The one thing that motivates you?


I would say people believing in me.


Photobucket




What is the top potential you see in your production style?


I believe when you listen to my music the drum patterns you hear is what stands out.


Contact info


Email: Ice.Conglomerates@gmail.com

Twitter: @Mr32aice

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/yientertainment


Any shoutouts?


First of all shout out to Breeze for hooking me up with all this and spreading the word about me..... Shout outs to DJ Benz for interviewing me.... Shoutouts to Quest and @thisisclarity with the "Poppin rose'" record I made for him...Shout outs to all the artist doing their thing and everyone who is trying to make the world a better place!!!!!!!



Photobucket

Check out his arsenal

Poppin Rose' (snippet)



Never the Same (snippet)


Sober (snippet)

No comments:

Post a Comment