Flo Rida - Only One Flo (Part One) - AVAILABLE NOW

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul
B.o.B Adventures of Bobby Ray Album Banner 728x90
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

STATE YOUR NAME CANNON: Nia Da Foxx

Photobucket

This artist has a lot of charisma. By her style and her persona you can tell she does it from the soul. That's when it is most personal. Her whole life has be scattered with accomplishments, both as a child and as an adult. She also has gone through tragedies that no one should faced. To bounce back more than ever shows total resilience. I was blown away when I heard her tracks first on Hustle & Grind Radio (shoutout to J Milly). I was even more stunned when I heard her live through my messed-up phone. She still sound phenomenal. With all of that she still is a very sweet, kind woman. But she's probably one of the toughest women I've came across in some time. (She doesn't know this but I pretty much decided she should host Sexual Seduction 7. Let her find out reading this lol )

I've interviewed great R&B artists like K. Michelle and Shay Star. So here's another: Nia da Foxx

1. State your name lady.

Hey....What's good?? It's yours truly, the Sultry One...NiaDaFoxx

2. Where you representing?

I'm from Washington DC

3. You have been bitten by the music bug for as long as you can remember. How important is music in your family?

Awwww..... music is extremely important to my family. It's the core foundation of our unit. My Grandmother and her sisters had a group back in their day. They had the clean vocals, fly gear, hair done and makeup flawless. They would shut it down every performance. They were fierce!!! My father is a pianist, so I grew up sitting beside him on his piano bench singing while he played. I have great memories of my Dad and I singing together.


4. How was it like being a young kid traveling with your choir to perform? Did it beat having less memories as a normal child?

You know what that's a really good question. In the midst of all the traveling I never felt like I was missing out on my childhood. I guess because I was doing what I love, so it never felt like work. And my cousins would look forward to hearing about my experiences, so their excitement made me feel special, and kept me motivated to keep going. But I do have some great memories as a young performer and I wouldn't trade those memories for anything in the world.



5. Tell the readers the accomplishments you had as a child.

WOW!!!!!!!!!! I was apart of a group based out of DC that somehow had the privilege of becoming the poster choir for "The Border Baby Project" backed by the White House Administration. We recorded a couple theme songs for the project and whenever the President had a speaking engagement, we were there right by his side. The political community really fell in love with us. So any event that DC was hosting we were there, singing our little hearts out!!! LOL

We were invited to sing at the lighting of the National Christmas Tree every year (which was one of my favorite events) people from all around the world would come to that particular event.


6. How important is education to you?

Education is extremely important to me. It takes more than just a pretty face and a big voice to make it in this industry. And I had it bad as a child, my mother was an educator. She was actually the principal of my elementary school. I couldn't get away with NOTHING!!!!!!! LOL...but all jokes aside, she taught me the importance of having an education, and knowing what I wanted to do in life.


7. How hard was it to come back to music in your 20s? Were you "rusty" or was it like riding a bicycle again?

LOL..... It was like riding a bike. I fell right back into my place like I had never left. Honestly I stopped performing but I never stopped singing or writing. So, getting back into it was very natural for me.


8. This question is personal and I feel iffy about asking so if you don't want to answer, it's ok. What made you decide to move on after the tragic passing of your son?

Hmmmmmm...... his death knocked me off my feet. Have you ever felt like a certain situation in life caused you to almost loose it??? Well, that's what that situation did to me. So one day I woke up and decided the best thing for me to do was to get away from everybody and focus on me and work on healing myself. So, I packed my bags and drove to Los Angeles, CA from Washington DC. What a liberating feeling to drive across the country....

Photobucket

9. What does music do to you?

Music heals me, makes me laugh, makes me cry, makes me wanna fight, makes me wanna make love. No matter what emotion I'm feeling at any given moment...there's a song out there that can give me what I need.



11. Who do you look up to in R&B?

I adore Mary J Blige for her tenacity and strength. And Anita Baker is my all time favorite, her vocals are clean and rich and she's just the truth....Hands Down!!!! If I could go on tour with either of them I would be in heaven!!! Sheer heaven!!!



12. You have the podium. To you, what is the state of R&B today and what should change?

Honestly, R&B is in a sad state right now. We're loosing our audience. POP is taking over, which is cool but it shouldn't cause R&B to be obsolete. If I want to hear some real R&B I have to listen to some old school jams, and that's sad.


13. Who did you featured with in the past?

LOL..... I guess you're speaking of Pharrell. I have a song called TKO and it has a feature from your boy. It's a hott record, if I must say so myself.


14. Tell me about your latest project thats about to hit stores.

I actually have 2 projects that I'm excited about right now. I have a project dropping next month called "The 4Bidden Mixtape" , it's like the appetizer before the main course. Now my main course..that's my baby right there!!! I'm talking bout my actual album, that will hit the stores at the end of the year. It's untitled at the moment, but I'm really pumped about the direction that the album is going. I call my music "Feel good music with a Sexy, Sassy Kick"!!! I think you're going to love it!!!


15. What does Nia like to do in her spare time?

Mannnnnn...... I'm such a home body. I love sipping on a good glass of wine and chillin' in my house while watching a good movie. My girls tease me cause I never want to go out. But, if I were to go kick it with my folks, I would go bowling and shoot some pool ( I suck at pool but I talk big trash..so that keeps my opponent nervous!!!) LOL

Photobucket

16. Single or taken? What qualities in a man that will get you attracted?

I knew that question was coming soon... LOL!! Let's just say, when I'm dating a man I appreciate someone with the greatest since of humor. I also love it when he has his own sense of style, if his swag game is on 1000!!! Good Lawd... I'm all in there!! LOL!!! And last but not least, he has to have ambition, he must be driven and have an intense passion for growth and success!!!!


17. What's the ultimate goal for Nia?

WOW!!!! There's so much that I want to do. But I guess my ultimate goal would be to re-introduce R&B to the new generation.


18. One thing you would like to change about society.

That list is long.... but if I would change one thing ... I guess it would be, the pressure that society puts on women to be perfect. I watch my lil 10 year old cousin go out of her way to be the baddest 10 year old in her school. She wants to look like all the model chicks, video vixens and I'm like you're only 10. Calm down....what are you doing?????

So, I wish society would just let us be free to be who we are. Big, Small, Curvy, Slim...whatever God blessed us with we need to love it to the fullest!!!!



19. Contact info

For Booking/Inquiries please contact ATS Entertainment

Sean Davis : 773-504-7675

atsentertainment@hotmail.com


20. Any shoutouts?

Yes!!!! Definitely... My Management Team ATS Entertainment , PR Team Insight Promotions , Artistic Development Coach-Melanie Foote~Davis of Live By Design Coaching , Wardrobe Stylist- Erica Nicole of Kashmere Kreations and since I'm a closet fat girl I have to put the greatest party chef on blast- Trinity Bracey of Trinkets

Thank you for giving me a moment of your life....I hope you enjoyed your time with me, cause there are many more moments to come!!! Stay Sexy, Stay Sassy and Oh Soooo FoxXy...... til' next time!!!

Muah!!!!! XOXOXOXO

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Check out some of the songs that I enjoy and so will you (Also will be on SS7)

Nia Da Foxx ft. Pharell - TKO


Nia Da Foxx - Go Away

2 comments:

  1. to have had the honor of nia sharing the stage with me was like having the ultimate love, were proud of you nia you deserve all the gates to open and let you run run run,love mercedes
    mercedesmusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know her personally! And she is not only the bomb as an artist, but she is a beautiful, humble spirt that I truely believe willt ake the world by storm! She is such an inspiration to me as she climbs to the top to her success! Go Nia!!! I am def a fan of you as an artist and as a person!

    ReplyDelete