Flo Rida - Only One Flo (Part One) - AVAILABLE NOW

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul
B.o.B Adventures of Bobby Ray Album Banner 728x90
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday's Tastycake: Duncan Meredith

Photobucket

This time I decided to do it a little different. I knew her because I followed her on twitter from the beginning. Now she doesn't have any magazine covers or danced in music videos or been eye candy of XXL like my past pastries(yet). If anything, her personality will get her through the modeling, entertainment, or whatever world she steps in. She loves Marylin Monroe, she produces in a studio, and she's open-minded to sexuality...and a Scorpio. Can you get any better than that?......

Don't worry I'll wait.........

Lol. Basically...she's the Tim Tebow of the modeling world.(You know? a rookie that everyone wants to draft) You all going to like her as well as I do. Meet my friend, Duncan.




1. Introduce yourself to the world.
My name is Duncan. The question I'm asked most is "What are you?", so let me answer that first. I am Irish, Italian, German, Swedish, English and Canadian. I'm a European mutt. I'm confident and sassy with a great sense of humor. I'm kind and down-to-earth; a listener, a speaker and a thinker. I like new experiences, great or small. I like to laugh and I like to enjoy myself. Life for me is about learning and evolving....lol I'm really just a major hippie at heart.

2. From you blog I see you are part Canadian. Were you born in Canada?
I was not. My dad, however, was born in Alberta so I have dual citizenship.

3. What are your hobbies?
Depending on my mood it's reading, writing, producing music, eating, sleeping, going out with friends, etc. I like to travel and go on adventures, especially around NYC. Anything involving music is always a good look.

4. Are you a sweetheart or a tomboy?
Lol I'm no tomboy. I love to watch sports and 90% of my friends are guys, but I'm very feminine. I'm a nice girl and I'm a sweetheart if I rock with you. What I have, we have....people close to me would probably tell you life is pretty good with me in it. I'm a good listener and I never judge...I'll ask about your day and your dreams...unless you cross me. In which case I am not the one.


5. What do you like about fashion/modeling?
While I like fashion, I don't worship fashion. I wear what I like. Trends but not trendy; classic pieces with great accessories. I also like that you can dress however you want no matter your budget.
Modeling...lol...I'm not sure how I feel about me even being interviewed as a "model"...but I like the idea of having pictures of me now for when I'm older. Put them on my walls haha. :)


6. What made you decide to come to NYC?
It kind of just happened. I applied for jobs immediately following graduation in May 2009 and I got a bite immediately in sales. I had a job 2 weeks after graduation and I was here 2 weeks after that. I was lucky, with the recession I expected to be home for a bit longer. But here I am and I love it.



Photobucket

7. What inspired you to go in to the modeling industry?
Haha I'm not even sure I can 100% cosign on that statement. I'm not the type to say "I can be a model." But technically, I owe it to the men of New York City. NYC men have no shame when it comes to letting a female know they like what they see. Initially I thought nothing of it because I know that men say the same thing to every female. But after a while I noticed I got reactions everywhere...Bed-Stuy, Harlem, 5th ave, Queens, etc. Finally I asked my male friends..."Am I really that hot or are dudes that thirsty?" They told me it was probably a mix of both, but that I was also under-estimating myself. I do acknowledge my curves are kinda crazy for a white girl so I thought...why not. Especially after getting the green light from a female acquaintance in the industry, I thought...let's see what happens.

8. The 1st default pic i seen you, you were covered in body paint. What was the occasion of it? Will we see more of Duncan under paint? lol
I was in the body paint scene for a CSA fashion show in college. I LOVED it, I hope to be in body paint maaaany more times! :)

Photobucket

9. What are the 3 models you admire?
Heidi Klum. She's just gorgeous and her face and body look fantastic in every picture. I love Amber Rose because she is so different and so badass. She looks good as hell in spandex and without hair...that is not easy to do. I love women with curves and a nice booty...lol I like to see women that look like me. And Adriana Lima...I've always just loved looking at her. She's the girl in the magazine that you flip back to look at again.

10. What types of photoshoots would you be interested in? Better yet tell me the most perfect scenery of the magazine of your choice.
I would love to do a photoshoot on the beach. Any kind of sun, sand and palm trees will be heavenly. But I want to do all types of shoots...artistic, fashion, "sassy" lol. I'd like to be in all types of magazines though, for all kinds of audiences (except XXX...none of that for me).

11. Would you ever pose semi-nude or even bare it in front of the camera?
I would do semi-nude. I would show some skin. Never spread eagle or bent over, but some sassy shots and peaks over the shoulder...I'm down for that. As for being completely nude...never say "never"...but it's highly unlikely. I think my intimate parts should be saved for who I'm intimate with. I want Not to mention I might end up a mother...I wouldn't put my kids through that.

12. Your opinions on Marylin Monroe:
I love her. She's the original voluptuous sex symbol...she wasn't a size 4....she never attempted to be anything she wasn't. She repeatedly admitted to being less than perfect and I admire that. But I don't idolize her the way other women do.

Photobucket

13. I see from your blog that you got a background in music. Explain all that you do in the entertainment industry. How is the studio relaxing to you?
I have different gigs that provide me with invites to different events. Movie premieres, release parties, Fashion Week, etc. I do interviews for an internet website. I also book venues for my two friends (Us Muziq) around NYC and we're beginning to plan a party for the release of their mixtape (The Devil's Rejects..lol, shameless plus). As far as the studio, I just love the environment. I like to listen, watch, and create. I like to play around and produce (I'm at an intermediate level). I also like to edit..I like to operate a board. The studio is such a creative environment. Time slips away there and I feel like there are no restrictions.

14. You are a doctor: Hip hop checks in. Gimme the status. lol
I would immediately put hip-hop into rehab. In-patient because of its' likeliness to relapse right now. I would also suggest that hip-hop build its' family tree and get back to its' roots. There was a time when what is now referred to as "hip-hop" would be unacceptable to the community and would have no place on the radio, especially in New York. That needs to change.

15. What tracks are in your IPod right now?
I listen to a lot more "oldies" than anything else. 90s and early 2000s--Ginuwine, Biggie, TLC....all the way back to Otis Redding and Etta James...Drake is my favorite artist, lol anyone who knows me will tell you that. Other favorites include Jay-Z, Usher, Trey Songz, Musiq Soulchild, Amy Winehouse, Bob Marley, Miles Davis. Honestly, anything besides country and heavy metal I like.

16. One thing I pulled from your formspring....lol...was when you said you weren't opposed to a threesome if the opportunity presents itself. How healthy is having an open mind to sexuality in a relationship?
Haha busted...but the right opportunity, not just any opportunity. With the right pair, I'm definitely not opposed to it. I'm a Scorpio...I'm a sexual person. But an open-mind is key to everything, not just sexuality. If you love somebody you should want to please them, and they should be doing the same for you. The key is being comfortable with that person...when there's a bond and mutual respect, there's a good chance the suggestion will be something you'll like. Have fun with each other, safely of course!

Photobucket

17. What is the biggest turn-off? What is the biggest turn-on?
Biggest turn-offs are... poor manners, ignorance, being rude, being closed-minded/judgmental and/or being timid (I'm a strong personality I need a man with a strong backbone). Those are deal-breakers for me. Biggest turn-ons, besides strong arms, tattoos and sexy eyes/mouth...lol the biggest turn-on is someone who I can constantly learn from. Teach me about life, skills and myself and I swoon. A strong mind, kind heart, and strong sexual appetite is my kind of man (or woman).


18. One thing you would love to change about society.
I would LOVE to see society shed its' judgmental ways. People get so concerned with what other people do in their own private time, as if they don't have their own actions to worry about. If you are a consenting adult and not hurting anyone, I don't care what, or whom, you do. People spend too much time casting judgment and making people feel bad about themselves...but really it's only because they're not strong enough to really evaluate and embrace themselves.

19. What do you see yourself doing 5 years from now?
5 years..hmm..I'll be 28. I see myself being happy and healthy, living a life i love with people who love and support me. What that is yet, I haven't decided. I want to write, produce, direct, do radio, raise money for charity, travel the world, get my masters and my PhD...the list goes on. I'm on this journey one day at a time. I have faith I'll get to where I'm going at the exact time I'm meant to be there. It will be great though, I'm promise you that.

20. One quote you live by:
It's a long quote..."Here's to Life" by Shirley Horn is my approach to life :

"No complaints and no regrets. I still believe in chasing dreams and placing bets.
But I have learned that all you give is all you get, so give it all you got.
I had my share, I drank my fill, and even though I’m satisfied, I’m hungry still to see what’s down another road, beyond a hill and do it all again.
So here’s to life, and every joy it brings.
So here’s to life, to dreamers and their dreams.
Funny how the time just flies, how love can go from warm hellos to sad goodbyes.
And leave you with the memories you’ve memorized to keep your winters warm.
But there’s no yes in yesterday,
and who knows what tomorrow brings or takes away.
And long as I’m still in the game I want to play, for laughs, for life, for love.
So here’s to life, and every joy it brings. Here’s to life, for dreamers and their dreams.
May all your storms be weather, and all that’s good, get better.
Here’s to life, here’s to love, here’s to you."


21. Contact info of how photographers can find you. I want to see Duncan in a magazine soon. :)
Haha that makes two of us :) I am on twitter at twitter.com/MyNameIsDuncan

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Props to both BenziMusiq & Ms.Duncan this article was on the money, much success to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like i got to know my new twitter friend a little better. applause for your bravery and cheers to new york

    ReplyDelete