Flo Rida - Only One Flo (Part One) - AVAILABLE NOW

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul
B.o.B Adventures of Bobby Ray Album Banner 728x90
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

STATE YOUR NAME CANNON: JACKI-O

Photobucket



Back in 2004 She was the #1 thing out of Miami. You can't go to a party without hearing her tracks. Usually with the bass there's shawties dropping it low when you hear " JackiJackiJackiJacki! JackiJackiJacki!" Even now you can't do a party without her music. With all the things she went through and what she accomplished, some of you would either agree or give an evil stare when she announces that she's the "Queen of the South". But it's more personal that that. You see a voluptuous but bold eye candy but what you going to know is this: She knows the ins and outs of this game. There's no bulls**t to this artist. Listen to her side of the truth: Jacki-O (Look at you. Some of you prolly sayin "Damn! That bitch is fine! lol)


It's a pleasure having this conversation with you. I think you've done a lot on female hip-hop. If this was the State of the Union Address on your career, what is your status as of today?
President…President of Jackmove Entertainment

How did you start rapping? Can you remember your first track?
I don’t remember what the first track was however I do remember when the stage bug bit me. I was in 6th grade singing "You Are So Beautiful"... I accidently got the part when my classmate didn’t come to school one day... luckily I had been practicing.

Tell me about Miami and its music scene.
Miami music has changed a great deal from when we first got attention, we had bass driven rap/booty music and the bpm's were a lot faster. Now Miami has become a melting pot for all kinds of music, reggaeton, soca, calypso, reggae, and so on... so we have a broader audience. As far as hip hop goes we have a southern based sound; however it wouldn’t be odd to hear an artist from Miami rapping over an RnB track or a popish beat.

What does the "Queen of the South" title mean to you?
It means a lot when I can piss someone off by saying it...it started off with me saying I was the Queen of the South because I knew I could ruffle feathers by saying it. I always felt like a queen despite my childhood, being raised in a very rough part of Miami. But then when I saw how me saying that I was a queen offended people, I decided to continue saying it and saying it louder and more arrogantly. It made me feel sad that people would want a female to think of herself as being anything but a queen, not sad for myself but sad for them. Queen is the highest rank, and despite the obstacles I will continue to feel like I am a queen as should all women.

I saw "Beef" the series and your conflicts with Khia over the "Queen" title. Who started this conflict? As far as today, is there any tension between you and any female M.C.?
Hey welcome to hip hop! I think people are going to take shots at you no matter who you are. I don’t entertain beef because it takes you off the focus of your craft. The hip-hop game is very competitive and when someone feels threatened they try to defend themselves and their fanbase. I don’t hold grudges nor do I have "beef" with anyone, although I am not a sucker, I understand it’s all a part of the game…people must know that there are consequences for whatever you do in life…when you start beefing with people to create a "buzz" for yourself it may not go as you plan.

Your opinions on Nicki Minaj:
Honestly, everybody has opinions but I can’t say yet, the jury is still out...so far she has done well.

Miami has a huge Haitian population. You also have a huge affiliation with the Zoe movement. How has the tragedy in Haiti affected you and what are your plans to help?
I am affected both mentally and spiritually. Mentally because I find myself in thought about it and wondering if I’ve done everything I truly can to help. Spiritually it affects me because it does something to my spirit when I see children without families, and although treatment and food is being supplied families are lost, hearts have been broken and you can’t fix that…please continue to send donations and pray...I ask God to strengthen our brothers and sisters in Haiti.

One rising star out of the underground is my homie Haitian Fresh. How did you linked up with him and Black Dada to do "I'm From Florida (my favorite track from Celebration Mixtape)?
That’s a good question... because I don’t know [laughs]…I worked with Haitian Fresh on a song prior to doing 'I’m from Florida' and I just recently worked with Black Dada on a song. We weren’t all in studio at one time when we did 'I’m from Florida” but it still came out nice…both are great artists and I hope to work with them again soon.

I know your mixtape "Griselda Blanco" is coming out very soon. Tell the people more about this tape. What can we expect from this anticipated project?
Well for those who don’t know Griselda Blanco was a woman that had her own way of thinking and her reputation precedes her. I used her character to tell of drug stories, war stories and just a woman of total control of her enemies to her allies.

Name 1 artist you would love to collaborate with: And one producer you would work with:
Too many to name. I would have loved to work with Pac. As far as producers go I love so many...Will.i.am.,Timbaland,(I’ve work with) ,Kanye West, and Dr Dre..but if you’re talking hood, Shawty red,Collipark (I’ve worked with) Jazzy pha (I’ve worked with), Zaytoven (I’ve worked with) K.E.( I’ve worked with)..still love Manny Fresh, Akon, the Runners... I told you it was a lot.

Photobucket


I got the press on your upcoming book, Relentless. All I can say is you speaking the raw truth. What made you decide to write Relentless?
When I got out of my contract it was a lot of negative things being said about me and lot of those things I didn’t deserve, and often times the press would report on it, and because of that people started painting their own picture of me I wanted people to know who I really am… so they can hear it from me and have them decide for themselves.

As I can see, and as I'm going through this industry, you get setbacks, like what you mentioned. What keeps you going after all the turmoil and betrayal?
Just knowing they would succeed in getting me to fail. If I stop…they would win

Do you see female rappers getting as much respect as the male rappers one day? What I mean is will there ever be a day when a female rapper can do business w/o a guy wanting to have sex with them?
No men are men [laughs Jacki-O]

When will the book come out because I will definitely get it!
''Relentless' is coming out this summer and pre-orders will start a month before…I talk about the music world, beefs, drama, sex scandals and just Miami as a whole. It’s a page turner.

If you were talking to a teenage girl who wants to be like Jacki-O, what would you tell her to advise her to be successful?
Not to be like Jacki-O but to be like herself…I would encourage her to find herself and when she does she may find that doesn’t need inspiration from me…she may just find herself being self-motivated…that drive is in everybody.

Tell me your one defining moment in your career.
When I started being independent and relying solely on myself. That defined not only my career but it defined who I am. Although I have a lot of memorable moments like awards, plaques and a few BET and Soul Train nominations, nothing defines me better than being independent. I welcome business opportunities to better my situations don’t get me wrong, but because of my independence I have experienced and learned things I would have never learned. When you take the scenic route you see more... [Laughs]

I’m going to be straight-forward on this question: Are you single or taken? If single, what type of man will draw interest to you? Does he have to be in the music industry?
Next question please [laughs]...no but seriously since I’ve been thru so much it would take a really special guy to get my attention.

Do you have any plans in the future besides music?
Yes, to continue to write, look fly and live good [laughs Jacki-O]

What are your next steps after "Griselda Blanco"?
That depends on my mood, I’m a true artist I live my life through my art, so who knows you could see me acting or doing anything

Contact info:jackmove305@gmail.com or http://twitter.com/JACKIOWORLD

Would you work with any up-and-coming DJs or artists like me? Lol
Sure I am always ready to work…!!!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Griselda Blanco comin out soon.
"Relentless" the novel out this summer.

2 comments:

  1. jacki-o is the baddest bitch out the south...lyrically and physically

    ReplyDelete
  2. #shout to DJ Benz for another great interview hommie! And #Shouts to Jacki-O for doing it her way and keeping our brothers and sisters in Haiti in mind! Great job! SALUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete