Flo Rida - Only One Flo (Part One) - AVAILABLE NOW

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul
B.o.B Adventures of Bobby Ray Album Banner 728x90
Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday, March 19, 2010

Thursday's Tastycake: Nekya

Photobucket


Yea Yea! I know it's Friday. But it's my blog so I can turn it to Thursday again. Lol. I had to delay the interview a little bit because she was on point with her answers. She's outgoing, kind and determined at anything she does.....while looking good. i guess you can call her wonderwoman....or just call her by her name, Nekya. Here's why:




1. Introduce yourself to the world. Tell the people about Nekya.
I have a mind of my own. I am very caring and love being around friends and family. I like to think I’m easy to talk to and I’m definitely easy to get along with. Just a down to earth and a true socialite!


2. How long have you been modeling? What got you into this business?
I started modeling in 2006. I always thought about it but never pursued it. I just loved the fashion aspect of modeling and I was always being complimented on my long legs. A friend of mine was getting into photography and I did a test shoot with her. After that I decided to go ahead and see where I could go with it and here I am!

3. What magazines/videos/photo shoots you appeared in?
On The Rize, PlatinumPlus Magazine, DC Magazine
Book cover: Discombobulated
OBCK Fashion shoot
South Moon Under Fashion Shoot
The Black Collection Underwear Launch Ad Photo Shoot



4. How important is fashion to you?
Fashion is ever evolving and keeping up with it is a skill! I love fashion and putting pieces together. I also feel that you don’t need a brand to be fashionable. It’s the look not really the label. It is very important because you are expressing yourself, and showing a superficial part of who you are. I love looking at magazines and seeing what the latest designers have come up with. Somebody I’d love to model for a major label.


5. Talk to me about Arlington, VA , your hometown and the DMV.
I love it…it’s a great place to live and raise a family. It is very close to Washington DC and attracts people from all over as residents because of the location so there has been a lot of renovating and expanding to keep up. It’s small and diverse and I’m proud to be from here.

DC and Maryland aren’t far and there is never “nothing to do” in this area! From parties, to shopping, to food I think the DMV area is very accommodating to all lifestyles.


6. As I read your bio, I see you got a criminal's degree, a bachelor's in business administration, and going for your master's in education. Lady, you can do it all!
Yes I have been one determined individual! If I say I am going to do something then I am going to do it. My mother’s main goal for me was completing my education. I have exceeded her expectations by continuing to a higher degree and I must say I am very proud of the accomplishment!

7. What was the most difficult time during your pursuit in a degree and what made you not to quit?
I think the most difficult time for me was realizing I was a single parent on my own. There was a lot on my plate and continuing seemed like it would be a struggle that I didn’t want to bother with at the time. But at the same time, that is what made me not want to quit. My children have been my biggest motivator.

8. What is the occupation you aiming for?
I am aiming for an occupation that would allow me to help and monitor young juveniles. Something that would allow me to use my training, skills, and passion to possibly change and even more so influence a young life.


9. You live near DC, near Obama's house. Is there anything he is NOT doing and you wish he would step up on?

I think Obama is doing everything he can, that he is able to. He has advisors and I’m sure he is making sound decisions. We can’t expect everything to happen at one time. Some people don’t get their jobs completed in a day. His job is the whole nation! Imagine the weight he has on his shoulders trying to fix what was broken and promote change. I am very proud of our President and I love the fact that we can relate. Not to mention, that’s one smooth dude!

10. Are most of the modeling industry from the DMV tight-knitted?
The DMV area is very supportive of each other from what I see. I think there is a lot of positive energy and networking/collaborations that benefit every one involved. I have not encountered any situations where there was no support or encouragement in this business.

I do think that more DMV area "higher ups" should put more time into pulling others up. For example there are some that choose to only work with top name models that aren't from the area when there are great ones right here that are being looked over.


Photobucket

11. How important is giving back to the community?
Extremely important! Especially when it comes to our youth. I am a firm believer in reaching out and pulling in. If you can’t pull anyone in, at least you know you did reach and that’s what matters. I enjoy working with the youth and setting positive examples. I also try to do feed the homeless twice a year as my service to the community.

12. Whats more like you? Sweet, innocent girl or tomboy?
Sweet, innocent girl I have to say. I was told I was too girly a few times. I can hang with the guys and wear tennis shoes but I’m a sweet innocent girl at heart.


13. I see you were born on Halloween. A scorpio's mind. Do you truly act like a scorpio? Passionate? Mysterious? well...Freaky? (lol that's another scorpio trait)

LOL!! Yes a Halloween baby and indeed I am a true Scorpio. I am very determined and forceful; exciting and magnetic. I read once that Scorpios are the most intense, profound, powerful characters in the zodiac and I take pride in being one! And yes Scorpio is the symbol of sex and Scorpios are passionate lovers.

We do have a secretive side too…a dark side. But who doesn’t.



14. Turn-ons in a man
Humor/smile/laugh and ability to make me laugh!

15. Turn-offs in a man
Smokers

16. One thing you would like to change in life.
Absolutely nothing! I love life and everything that I’ve experienced has happened for a reason. If I anything changed then I wouldn’t be where I am or on the road to where I’m going.

17. One thing you would change in hip-hop
The ease of something being labeled “hip hop”. Just because it has a beat doesn’t make it hip hop. Hip hop is a culture yes but it also represents hard work and if you look at the artists that started it back in the day, I don’t think they would approve of what we call hip hop today.


18. What are your future plans? What will be your next magazine/music video?
I plan to just take things as they come. I don’t know what lies ahead for me but I’m ready! I have a few things in the works I’ll just wait and see what happens.


19. Contact info?

nekyathemodel@gmail.com
nekyathemodel.com


Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment