Flo Rida - Only One Flo (Part One) - AVAILABLE NOW

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul
B.o.B Adventures of Bobby Ray Album Banner 728x90
Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

STATE YOUR NAME CANNON: K. Michelle

Photobucket

This is what I can describe as a diamond in the rough. Her fan base and her reputation was very promising before I first talked to her and Delante on the FSDJ conference call(If you don't know Delante, he managed Trey Songz from the beginning of his career until early this year). The whole call was checking for her. Everyone approved her. So of course I had to judge for myself. Her voice is strong, and her lyrics holds a lot of meaning. People described her as the next Mary J. Blige. There is a spot for a female R&B artist to take right now to deliver to this generation. With a contract to Jive, a long portfolio, and prior alliance to R.Kelly, this lady has the best shot in taking that void. So get to know her in this exclusive interview before 106 & Park tomorrow. The next artist I'm riding with, and a woman who keeps it real 100%. World, meet Jive recording artist, K. Michelle:


State Your Name Cannon:
Wassup yall, this ya girl K.Michelle

Where you representin?
I'm representing Memphis, Tennessee, cuz we always keeping it pimpin. And That's wassup.

Tell me about life in Memphis. The hospitality, the cuisine, everything. Lol because I'm thinking of going there one day.
My life in Memphis.....I'm definitely a product of my environment. I've learned a lot about music, a lot of good food, and learned how to be a fighter, basically. Memphis is basically known for barbecue. We have Barbecue everything. We even have barbecue spaghetti and it's delicious, believe it or not
(That sounds yummy. I got to try that one day.)

What got you to start singing and at what point in your life did you decide that this is what you supposed to do?
I've always known that I wanted to be a singer. From the beginning I knew that I wanted to sing. I think the point when I knew i was going to do this professionally was when I went overseas to China and spent a lot of time over there performing with the Chinese orchestra. And that made me realize that this is something that I really wanted to do, and on top of that I was broke so I needed some money.

Talk to me about when you got signed to Jive/Hitz Committee.
Well, when I got signed to Jive Records, it was a very important thing to me. The most important person in my deal who has developed me is Robert Kelly (R.Kelly) and he's the one who took out the time to actually develop my sound. He didn't place gimmick records on me like other people did. So he allows me to sing what I need to sing and he allows me to speak the truth on who I am as a woman, as a mother and as an artist. Jive has been behind me 100% . Wayne Williams, my new A&R as well as Robert Kelly, those are the people who are in it to basically let me be me and let me be a real artist.

Your manager Delante managed Trey Songz and helped him to where he is at today. One tactic he told him was to jump on anything and everything. The same goes for you. So how many records you plan to slaughter? lol
Well, with Delante being my manager and him managing that other boy, and they told him to jump on , you know, different tracks and things like that. I been liking to flip things up. And I love music. Whenever I hear a record I like, I like to hop on it, have some fun with it because being an artist we hear a track and take it in different ways. Like you might want to say this and I might want to say that. But it's still good music so I plan on slaughtering a lot of records.

Name three idols you have. musically, socially, etc.
Three idols that I have musically are Whitney Houston, Robert Kelly, and Mary J. Blige.

Photobucket


Talk to me about Pain Medicine, your album scheduled to release in the fall.
My album Pain Medicine is therapy for me. It was like a journal, how people write down what they go through every day; There are two records that I don't like on that album so far but I'm going to make them take them off because of the political reasons that these tracks are on there. I want the tracks to represent Pain Medicine. If I don't like it, I don't want it on there. So Pain Medicine is going to be a real reflection of who I am. When people hear it, they will be able to know who I am and what I represent. I'm pushing for a September release date. I'm just trying to build my brand. I just want my fans to touch me and see me so I want to reach out to as many of my fans before Pain Medicine comes out.

This might be a little personal. Tell me some of the painful experiences you went through and how it translates to your music.
Umm I went through a lot of personal experiences that I choose not to give away in an interview because I can probably make some money telling it in a book or some shit. But yea, I went through a lot of things. Just being a single mother, being in the industry, dealing with a lot of coons in the industry and a lot of bullshit. You go through a lot of pain, a lot of eye-opening experiences that will break you or make you stronger. So I put a lot of that into this album.

On the conference call, you said you took songs back because it just didnt represent you. Tell me the importance of staying real even if you get signed. As we know, some artists does a 180 when they get signed.
I think it's very important for artists to remain who they are. All these people that invested in you invested in YOU. And I feel like you can become better. You can use your team to help you become a better person, a better artist. At the same time you can't lose who you are. You have to grow on your own pace. You don't sleep good at night faking to be somebody. I want people to love me for the REAL K. Michelle, not somebody who was created. So it's very important because there is only one YOU so imagine you unique and you make good music. Can't nobody mimic you. Can't nobody copy what you do.


Delante described how cool you are, chillin, sippin. What's your favorite bottle? and say you made your own liquor, what would it be?
Um I am cool. Yep. Lol. My favorite liquor of course is Jack Daniels. And that's wassup. That's what it is.


The things you like in a man. Or Dislike.
There's a lot of things I dislike or like in a man. That would take forever. I just dislike full grown boys. That's what I call them. Overgrown boys. Because they are really not men. So it will take forever to tell you what i exactly dislike or like in a man because I find something new that i dislike in a man everyday.

Is it possible to keep a steady relationship in the music industry?
Keeping a steady relationship in the industry is no different from keeping a steady relationship in general, in life period. Only place where I feel that a steady relationship goes smoothly is on the Planet of Pandora. So when it comes to a relationship, you have to figure out that's what you want to do, has to be the right person, and has to be an open line of communication. And you have to be ready to roll with the punches and you know, stay on deck. A steady relationship isn't different in the business if your mate understands your job and what you have to do.


Photobucket


15. Tell me about the feedback you have been receiving. Are you nervous about your 106 & Park debut?
I've been receiving a lot of feedback. I have people who has accepted me with open arms and everyday there are just new people, so it's amazing to see the growth and how people start to learn about you and embrace you. I also have the haters but I love them. They are only confused fans. They come to youtube and listen to your music, just like the fans do. It's no different so as long as you click and give me that youtube view and keep my name in your mouth, you are a fan. You are just a confused one.
106 & Park this Thursday (Tomorrow after this post date 04.28.10) I'm excited that my video will be on there!

Where will K. Michelle be at 5 years from now?
5 years from now I will be like Dave Chapelle. The fuck away from herre. I love music. I don't like the people in it. I feel like there are a lot of devils in this industry and I will be under attack. I don't want to be around them. I want to sing, get my story across, take care of my child. We have let Angelina Jolie go and adopt me a bunch of babies. Imma take all my money and run away. Thank you, God Bless and goodnight. That's how I feel about that.

Contact info:
If you want to contact me , @KMICHELLEMUSIC is my twitter. Definitely contact me with all positivity. Anything negative, hey I definitely use the block button at least 4x a day. Thank you.

Any shoutouts?Thanks for the interview. And congratulations on becoming an official Future Star Artist. Count me in about supporting you 100%
Thank you so much! Very happy to be an official member of the Future Star family. Very glad about that and I'm glad you wanted to interview me. Anything else you need let me know and I got you. Peace.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Check her remix 2 B.O.B. - Nothing on You


K Michelle performing Fallen Live


Years from now, you will look back on this as history of a superstar.

- Previous Post: K.Michelle shoutout to DJs + Her music video, Fallen

No comments:

Post a Comment