Flo Rida - Only One Flo (Part One) - AVAILABLE NOW

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul
B.o.B Adventures of Bobby Ray Album Banner 728x90
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

STATE YOUR NAME CANNON: B{Dot} Jay

Photobucket

Every artist tries to be different in this genre. Some do succeed. And there's a few who goes out to left field. I noticed this homie on myspace first, and his tracks were of a different sound. (You can tell off the back this dude from VA). He made himself his own musical world and warps anyone near orbit. Then you trapped in a spell with hypnotic beats and storytelling lyrics. No, his mixtape Diamond, Dunks and Backpacks did not make my top 10 list of 2009...It made 11. Only cause he needs to evolve into supersayian. Hailing out of VA, B{Dot}Jay

1. State your name Cannon

B [dot] Jay

2. Where you represent?

Virginia specifically the 757

3. What made you start rapping?

it all started as just for fun, but ended up becoming a way to express my feelings & emotions

4. Talk about NES

the newest music phenomena lol . we are about take over the game . with myself Ty ( Rapper ), B.eZ ( Singer ), Markell (Singer ) & Detriot ( Rapper ) . We have even been told that we are the VA version of Young Money . crazy compliment

5. Explain to me what separates your style from other MCs.

hmm my creativity and my life story . there is no-one in this world that can tell my story better than I can .

Photobucket


6. How do you feel about the success of Diamonds, Dunks and Backpacks?

Very pleased . I got over 2k+ downloads in two days . I still think its gettin slept on tho .

7. Your next project is Sleeping in Clouds. What type of advancement are we going to see?

The thing about DDB is that those were songs i were working on for about two years, so some songs you could hear my progression in, but with " Sleeping In The Clouds " it will be nothing but the best verses, lyrics, production, & versatility .

8. What shows have you performed in?

My first show will be this friday ( april 16th ) at William & Mary University in Williamsburg, VA for a fashion show . I'll be performing with NES .

9. What is hip hop missing right now?

ME & NES !

10 Talk to me about the VA scene.

Man its so much diversity & potential in VA . you have the hood rappers like AV . then you have the real hip hop heads like MicahMoney . possibly any and everything you need . im just a slight portion of what VA has to offer .

11. Who influences you to rap?

Anybody & anything . depends on the day & the situation but musically its Kanye, he's a fuckin' genius .

12. What is most important to you besides music?

Family !

13. Where will B Dot be 5 years from now?

in a place that you wont be able to go any where without hearing my music or my name , quote me on that .

14. One thing you have to do before you die:

Perform at a show, where i dont have to say anything, and have a crowd recite the songs, word for word .

15. Contact info?

bdotjay@gmail.com

Twitter: @uhhDotters

Myspace: myspace.com/bdotjay

DDB Mixtape: http://www.datpiff.com/B_dot_Jay_Diamondsdunksbackpackz.m80505.html

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment