Flo Rida - Only One Flo (Part One) - AVAILABLE NOW

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul
B.o.B Adventures of Bobby Ray Album Banner 728x90
Photobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

STATE YOUR NAME CANNON: TOMMY STARS

Photobucket

Ok, on this intro, i'm going to be brutally honest(when have I not). I knew about this cannon for a few years, because we have the same group of friends. The very first time I heard his music, I wasn't with it because it sounded different. He was making 2010 music in 2007. I guess my 19-yr-old self back then wasn't ready. Fast forward to today and both of us has made major moves in this game to become respected in Philly as well as this industry. So it only makes sense for us to collide and give you real ish for you all to here. I'm real proud to know him and confident to say he is the next big thing in music. How couldn't he if he collabed with the very top music has to offer? Ya mean? So on the eve of the scheduled release of his anticipated mixtape, Purple Rain, i give you Rainman....Captain Hooks. Tommy Stars:

1. State Your Name Cannon:
They call me Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Stars!! Aka Captain Hooks lol Tommy Stars on deck!

2. Where you represent:
I represent every hood where people are struggling and tryna do something better for themselves, but I was born and raised in Philly(Logan)

3. What made you start rapping? When did it all start?
I have always been into music since I can remember. I have been in bands since 1st grade but I started rapping in about the 7th grade.

4. Talk about the Commission:
The Commision is my movement. It consist of Most Famous my right hand with the song and hook writing female emcees Tiani Victoria and Chyna Cavalli, singer/songwriter Risa, my business partner Chris aka dj Circuit Breaker, Dj Young Legend, A.Boogie and Dj Benz(me). The Commision is the future of the underground hiphop scence. We are about to change the way the underground is moving. We are the future.

5. How did you first meet up with D-Block and talk about how you got on the album, No Security.
I met up with D-Block through my former management's cousin. He lived in the same building as Bully who's with D-Block and we started recording up at Vinny Idols studio too. Bully recorded in there too so I laid this track called I look mean and Bully was like "yo can I get on that"..it was sorta like history from there. I started recording at the main D-Block studio after that and from doing hooks for Bully, Styles and Sheek over heard them. It was a rap after that. I laid all the hooks for No Security in 30 minutes flat. Styles was super impressed at how fast I worked and I've been dealing with them ever since.

6. One thing I've noticed is that your networking game is on point. Tell everyone how important it is to do that, and how to network THE RIGHT way.
Networking is the key to success. Being successful in the music business or any business is not about talent or skills, it's about who you know and that's a fact. A closed mouth does not get fed. You don't always have to have money to make things happen. Use your talent to your advantage. If you have crazy bars offer ghost writing in exchange for something if you produce offer beats for something. I write hooks that's my currency.

7. Purple Rain comes out this week. Streets only. When will it be out online?
Purple Rain will be available mid May hopefully. Our part is complete its all up to the processing that iTunes has to do.

8. Tell me more about your next mixtape. I should say album because you really went in.
You said it right. It's far from a mixtape. It's 365 days of grind studio time thought and sweat. It is the perfect summer CD aka sex on beat lol. 17 tracks I think and two hidden for the street release and a bonus for the online buyers. It's nothing like these Philly rappers. The total opposite. I've created my own lane of music.

9. On Purple Rain, You collabed with Drake, Lil Wayne, and Trey Songz. All original material. Today they are the top three artists in the game. Tell me what went on in the studio as you create bangers with these superstars.
I was never in the studio with them. The tracks were flown over and that's how they where created. That's a thing that seems to be the past this day and age, meeting artists in the studio at the same time but it's a blessing to have these records with these major artists even if it was done in the 2010 manner lol.

Photobucket

10. What should take place in order for Tommy Stars to be the next big artist out?
People have to take time to listen, that's all plain and simple just listen to the music. You can't deny good music. I am already the next big thing. I just need that co-sign from the streets and it will come as soon as the streets turn their ears away from the bullshit and tune in to quality talent and great music once that happens you a see the outcome for yourself.

11. What do you feel about the state of Hip Hop in Philadelphia? Your opinions on other Philly stars like Meek Mill, Tone Trump, etc.
They are doing their thing. They do what they do. I do what I do. We all have different lanes. I don't really focus on other artists cause they not focused on me lol at least I don't think they are. But the state of hip-hop in Philly right now to me is one sided. The radio stations play the same artist all day everyday but we all know what the almighty dollar can do.

12. Another great collab you told me about: You and Solange Knowles. How was that like and can we hear that record anytime soon?
Same situation with her was the same with the other big artists. The tracks were flown over and they were recorded at separate studios. The track has been out for about 2 years now. You can google it. It's called little love.

13. You are basically "Captain Hooks". What is the recipe of cooking up a perfect collaboration?
Its putting two good musicians together whose goal is to make good music, not just do it cause two artist are buzzing and they have a beat from a known producer. It's me hearing a beat writing the hook then hearing the perfect artist besides myself on the track or if I think it needs a second artist on it.

14. Name one artist that you would love to collab with but you haven't already.
Kanye West I would love that

15. What is the ideal type of woman you like? Do you believe she still exist?
Yes I do believe she does exist because she just has to be honest, untainted by the world. I thought I had the perfect female twice and time proved me wrong twice but God works in mysterious ways so maybe even though I wanted those females it wasn't in Gods plan.

16. Describe to the readers what a Philly girl is like. Lol
Lol imma pass on this cause my opinion will become a major event lol but some of the traits are driven, crazy, educated, ghetto, sexy, talented I could go on I love my Philly females they are a diverse bunch :)

17. Craziest story involving a groupie lol.
Lol I don't have groupies lol I have loyal supporters who sometimes are turned on sexually by me lol but I don't have any wild stories :)

18. Lebron or Kobe?
Kobe all day he's an amazing player. He's this generation's Jordan and I've seen Jordan in action and its tough to top Jordan but Kobe's gonna do it. I see that he's still very young still learning and he's the best in the game period right now.

19. What's the next steps for Tommy Stars?
Grind city push Purple Rain like its a album and I'm working on my next CD entitled Graffiti Bridge and wait to see what God's next move for me is.

20. Contact info in case anyone wants to collab with you.
You can get at me on twitter @tommystars I run my own page or myspace.com/tommystarsonline I'm on twitter everyday and Facebook but I don't accept everyone on the book.
21. Any Shoutouts?
Dj BigMike the reason why I'm here in the position I'm in, Everyone up d-block my movement Most famous Chris Tiani Chyna Boogie and everyone that supports Tommy Stars

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment