Flo Rida - Only One Flo (Part One) - AVAILABLE NOW

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul

Latest Mixtapes, Events, and Hip-Hop News from this Future mogul
B.o.B Adventures of Bobby Ray Album Banner 728x90
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday's Tastycake: Alakia Monique

Photobucket


If you were/are a college student, you remember how busy you were, with all these papers, exams, projects and anything the professors can do to take up all your time. Then, imagine you also was part of a college talk show, sing and dance, and model for an agency. You think you would be able to do it? I got one woman that can. She's doing all of the above and anything else that can get her to the top. Meet a very determined, yet gorgeous, Georgian Peach, Miss Alakia Monique.


As i seen your bio, I have to say you have many talents/crafts. And your only 20. I got to give you a lot of respect for your ambition.
- Thanks, I believe in striving for any goal there is in life you want to accomplish. I am only 20, But I have big dreams in which I want to turn into reality

What seems a more intriguing fact: That you have many trades or that you are 20, a "prodigy"?
- I'm always willing to learn new things in life.

What got you into modeling?
- The feeling of knowing you can create a nice picture. I think of modeling as a creation

What you like about modeling? What you don't like about it?
- I love modeling because it allows me to be more creative with my appearance. I don’t have a 'bad' side of modeling. I would recommend all aspiring Models to be very determined and also learn to become an independent worker. The industry is very competitive so you must have self motivation in order to survive...

I congratulate you on continuing your education at Georgia State. To you, how important is it to gain education for young adults like you and I? And what is your major?
- Gaining Education is the key to success. My major is Childhood Education; My Grandmother is a retired Elementary teacher, watching her as a child added to my decision for becoming a Pre-K or 1st grade teacher.

One thing I want to address is the talk show you are a part of: The Express Lane by Play J productions. You guys are not afraid to tackle any issue that had to be addressed. How did the idea of Express Lane came about?

--- The idea of The Express Lanes Co- Founder and Present is my good friend James Camper. He simply wanted to discuss many topics that college students are ‘frightened’ to talk about amongst each other. We’ve had topics such as; Sex in college, Gays in America, and absent fathers.

So what does Freedom of Speech means to you?
- The ability to express your feelings, and/or concerns without hesitation.

What do you think is the most controversial topic to discuss. Why? and how would you address it?
- Absent Fathers in Americas; I would use my success as a young African American female as an example. Statistics state that most females with absent fathers are most likely to quit high school, etc. basically fall of track. I’m doing the exact opposite.

Ok let me stop being serious lol. You going through exams, class notes and all that. What does Alakia like to do in her free time?


--- I love, love, love to dance and I also sing, shop, and go places to eat ( I LOVE FOOD-LOL ) with my family whenever we're not busy.. I’m very family orientated


Since you're in Georgia, let me ask you: Is Atlanta really the hot spot that EVERYONE perceive it to be?
--- Atlanta is a busy city-lol. I'm from Augusta Ga so things are a little slower here.

Your favorite artists?
---- My favorite artist is Beyonce Knowles - She is a very good performer. I can see a true passion for singing/dancing whenever she performs; she gives her all.

Who you prefer? Jeezy? Gucci? Tip?
--- lol- I would have to say Gucci, only because that’s the only artist I listen to out of the three.

How was your high school life? How many dudes try to holla at you? Lol

In High School I was Cheerleader (4 years) I was also a member of Renaissance Leadership ( 2years) and a Senior Adopter , I worked at Sonic's to help my mom with housing bills. I was a very busy young lady; but I knew I wanted to do all that I could throughout high school so giving up or quitting was not an option.

Say a dude see you from across the street. And wanted to holla(it probably happens everyday lol). He steps up to you. What does he have to do to get your number?

---- Approach me with a nice demeanor. That includes your physical and mental

Out of all the hobbies that you have, what is the one hobby you see yourself doing from here on out?
---- Dancing, exercising –lol staying in shape!


What magazines/videos will we see you next in?
---- Urban Films.net , FLY music Video, and this artist by the name of IShowtime Music Video

What will you be doing 5 years from now?
-- Successful; Traveling to Modeling jobs all over the world - lol

Contact info.

alakia_bookins@yahoo.com

http://www.twitter.com/AlakiaMonique

http://www.facebook.com/AlakiaMonique1

Photobucket

Photobucket


P.S. I recommend you to check this out
www.youtube.com/user/plajproductionz It's the talk show Alakia is a part of. Real issues they talkin about. Check it.

No comments:

Post a Comment